The TAGITOP initiative aims at introducing an affordable top-of-the-line laptop to every Arab citizen in an effort to increase the level of computer literacy in the Arab region, bridge the digital gap, and build sufficient ICT skills and capacity to boost the economic standing of the region and steer it towards a knowledge-based and innovation-driven society.
• Not-for-profit initiative but implemented as a self-sustaining business.
• Partners: Intel, Microsoft, Samsung, FOXCONN ODM (original design manufacturing), and educational software companies.
• Mid-range laptop for professional, education, and basic use: platform-independent with customized software applications and content.
- Empower citizens with affordable top-of-the-line laptop for professional, educational or basic use;
- Help advance development and spread benefits of ICT;
- Provide information and knowledge resources for increased ICT literacy.